Todd Fatheree

"ray" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 22:41:45 -0500, Todd Fatheree wrote:

Forget Kerry flip-flopping in the same speech...try
the same sentence. "I actually voted for the 87 billion before I voted
against it." Hard to get around that one.

Folks who enjoy that quote have apparently not realized that these were
two very different bills. Here's an analogy: Say you offer
me an 8" jointer at $500 and I agree to your price. You tell me, "It's a
deal." Then the next day I come to pick it up, I say, "I'll pay you next
month." If you cancel the deal, are you a flipflopper? After all, first
you agreed to the sale and then you disagreed with it. No, you're not a
flipflopper. You're just showing common sense in the face of my attempt to
change the rules, which is exactly what Kerry did. Really. Look at the
facts; it's all public record stuff.

One of the several reasons I'm voting for a Democrat presidential
candidate for the first time in my life is the meaningless drivel that the
Republicans are substituting for a realistic discussion of issues. The
silliness about the 87 billion is a perfect example of campaign-by-slogan,
and I expect better from my leaders.

First off, I don't believe you've never voted for a Democrat before, unless
you've never voted before at all. I can't prove it, but it's just a gut
feeling. You want to say I don't know, fine. I'm just not buying it.
Second, Kerry is the same guy who can't decide whether or not he owns an
SUV. When he's talking to union auto workers, he's a proud owner. When
environmentalists might be listening, suddenly the only vehicles in the
fleet are Honda Insights. On the Senate vote in question, it was passed
87-12. That's quite a minority for Kerry to be with. It didn't have
anything to do with the rules being changed, but he and Edwards had to show
the Deaniacs that he was also a big anti-war guy just like Howard.

todd