Puff Griffis

I went to the B+ franchise here in Louisville, Kentucky and they told me =
they wont touch my 15.6v B&D. Too bad I like the tools but hate the idea =
of buying new batteries every couple years.
Puff

"Nick Bozovich" wrote in message =
DAGS for this newsgroup, and you'll see threads on this topic from the =

recent past.
=20
I posted before, and I'll post it again, check out Batteries Plus. =

You can=20
find the location of stores at their website,=20
http://www.batteriesplus.com/techctn.html And now my =

disclaimer. My=20
son is a manager at one of these franchises in PA. I have no =

financial=20
interest in the franchise or the company (although I'd like to see him =

be=20
successful at this business!). I just know what they're capable of.
=20
They can rebuild the DeWalt and other packs, ususally at about half =

the=20
price of new. He's rebuilt the pack for my Makita drill, and it works =

great. I also got an aftermarket pack for the same drill, and it =

works=20
great. They also rebuild and sell new batteries for computer UPS =

systems,=20
watches, cell phones, motor homes, cars, boats, etc. If it has a =

battery,=20
they can usually rebuild it, or they sell it new.
=20
FYI
=20
Nick B.
=20
=20
"Elmar" wrote in message=20
om...
I have an 18 volt XR series of tools and batteries. At least one of
them is starting to go bad. I have three sets of batteries.

Has anyone ever rebuilt one of these sets versus replacing them? =

What
cells are inside? C? Sub C? etc?? What exactly would it take and
what should I look for in a cell to replace them.

Lowes sells the entire pack $89 for one or $99 for two! DUH, who
wouldn't spend the $10 for another one. I still think I would be
better off replacing the cells if I could.

Let me know your thoughts or experience with doing this.

Gloat...Lowes let me have the 18 Volt cordless reciprocating saw for
$45....

Have a great Labor Day everyone! Labor is what I will endure.
Building my 16X20 shed for my tools.

Regards!

Elmar=20

=20