On 03 Sep 2004 02:39:19 GMT, (GTO69RA4) wrote:

Just to add that the welder is a Speedway Series 100AMP Arc Welder.

Thank you,

"David Liles"

That's a small, very inexpensive import welder. Maybe good for learning and
hobby work (like porch railings, etc), but given the choice I'd keep looking. I
have a similar one and it's not a lot of fun to use. Wouldn't pay more than $75
max for it.

GTO(John)

Given what I've paid for "real" welders, I'd be hard pressed to pay
even half that. I bought a good Emerson 180 amp unit for $30 several
years ago - and it is still being used at my brother's automotive shop
when he needs a stick welder. The fan motor needed to be cleaned and
lubed, and the "buzzing" had vibrated a connection loose inside -
which simply required tightening a nut. It is a multi-tap type, not
infinitely adjustable.

I also have a 230 Craftsman infinitely adjustable that cost me less
than the asking price for the Speedway 100. And I'm talking Canadian
Bucks.