Elmar

Default DeWalt Battery Information

I have an 18 volt XR series of tools and batteries. At least one of
them is starting to go bad. I have three sets of batteries.

Has anyone ever rebuilt one of these sets versus replacing them? What
cells are inside? C? Sub C? etc?? What exactly would it take and
what should I look for in a cell to replace them.

Lowes sells the entire pack $89 for one or $99 for two! DUH, who
wouldn't spend the $10 for another one. I still think I would be
better off replacing the cells if I could.

Let me know your thoughts or experience with doing this.

Gloat...Lowes let me have the 18 Volt cordless reciprocating saw for
$45....

Have a great Labor Day everyone! Labor is what I will endure.
Building my 16X20 shed for my tools.

Regards!

Elmar