On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 00:44:12 GMT, "David Liles"
wrote:

What are the different types of welders? I found an arc welder for sale,
which I might buy. It would be mainly used for hobby work, and possibly
automotive work too.

Thank you,
David

There are several kinds of "arc welders" The most common is an AC
stick welder - also called a "buzz box".
Then there are DC stick welders. Or AC /DC stick welders.

Then there are wire feed welders - known as MIG (metal inert gas)
welders, and TIG welders (tungsten Inert Gas) - also known as Heliarc.
The TIG is really an electric torch.

What you are looking at is most likely a "buzz box".