Ned Simmons

In article ,
says...
On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:13:23 -0500, "Mike Henry"
wrote:

Grant,

Thanks - that's a big help. I wish I had the discipline to write stuff like
that down when doing this sort of thing. Sure comes in handy later.

Do you remember the approximate cost of the bearings? Motion Industries has
an outlet close by and I'd probably go with them.

Try Alpine Bearing in Boston Mass. They do the mailorder COD thing.
Ask for JC. Get a price. MI is often pretty expensive.

About $240/pair from Motion Industries for the bearings
Grant mentioned. They show only one pair of the DUM(medium
preload) in stock, but over a thousand DUL(light preload).
I'm actually surprised that the mediums are specified--I'd
expect a light preload in a grinder spindle.

Ned Simmons