Tom

"ang" wrote in message
et.cable.rogers.com...

Our bottom element was burned out on our hot water heater, and a repair
technician was sent over to look at it. Well, as he started to work on
replacing the element, I heard some yelling. It seems that the pressure of
the valve (bottom of the tank), was so strong that it went everywhere,
soaking him and my basement! Luckily, I have concrete floors.

The "technician" should have _at least_ known to shut the valve and relieve
the pressure before opening the lower element. It can be done with very
little water loss. It's definitely the "tech's" fault. Tom
Work at your leisure!