Odd Bob

In article ,
says...
Don't ever-EVER be affraid to call your local sheriffs departments...
THAT IS what your tax dollars buy!

but, what I-Zheet said is true.
Don't call your local sheriff on the 9-11 hotline... not for a dog
barking.

Best wishes,
Dave

One night a few years ago we had not just one barking dog but several
who had formed a pack and were running around raising hell in various
front yards on my block. There was way too much noise to sleep (this
was around midnight) and frankly I was afraid to go outside. Animal
Control had long since closed down for the night and the police
dispatcher I talked to flat out told me they weren't going to do
anything about it. So I just had to ignore it until the pack finally
decided to move on to another block and make noise there instead.
Probably they were local dogs who had gotten loose somehow and *maybe*
they were harmless but there was no way I was going outside to find out.

So by all means call the cops, but don't be too stunned if they tell you
to go **** up a rope. Depending on where you live, they may have better
things to do...

-- Bob