ARWadsworth

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
anthony james wrote:

We've had a gert big ladder towel rail installed in our bathroom with
an electric element in addition to the central heating connection so
that we could have dry towels in Summer when the CH was off.

After looking at various timeswitches I think I've found the perfect
solution and thought it worth sharing.

The electric element is now connected to a 0-2 hour delay timer from
TLC. This is switched by an architrave press switch
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/EK320A.html
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK4848P.html

Get out of shower, use towels, hang on rail, press button. Rail heats
up for an hour or so (I haven't fine tuned the timing yet) and the
towels are dry for the next time you want to use them. Cheaper than a
timer and used only when needed so efficient. Towels stay dry and
dont get smelly so need washing less often.

I hope you have studied the electrical zones if that is a 240V
switch you are contemplating fitting.

I used a http://tinyurl.com/4meee on the last one I installed.

Adam