Simon Mogridge

John Rumm wrote in message ...
Simon Mogridge wrote:

A leaking kettle has damage the newly installed laminated chipboard
worktop in my kitchen. A raised area/blister approx 8 x 3cm and 1mm
high has appeared at the butt joint. As you might guess, the joint
lies over the edges of two carcases and the application of a clamp is
impossible. Can anyone please tell me how i can remove the blister
and re-seal the joint with out major damage. The replacement of the

Not tried this - so have a go on some scrap worktop first to see how
well it will work!

If you have a router and a set of inlay cutter bushes, say:-

http://www.axminster.co.uk/default.asp?part=GBCOLL7914

It may be possible to machine out a section of the laminate, rebate the
swolen chipboard to a depth where it is sound, fill, and then relaminate
with a section cut from a bit of scrap. Not a simple task but might work.

--
Cheers,

John.

Thanks for all your advice. I did use the glue/sealent which came
with the worktop and i was sure the seal was good! Oh well....I will
try the iron set low first and then Johns fix with a router. God help
me. Cheers, Simon