IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 17:07:18 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:43:17 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

It depends on the type of boiler, and its thermal and control
characteristics. Grunff's application was to absorb a large amount
of heat from an oil boiler when an old coil in cylinder approach, not
surprisingly, couldn't do it.

Can't you read. The oil boiler would be cycling mainly on CH and if a

lousy
cylinder on DHW too.

Perfectly thanks, and at a reading age of greater than 6.

Well it must be 7.

To quote:

"Quite - we have pretty poor mains pressure (just under a bar - the
reservoir is about 12m above the house), and no real space problems.
The reason I put in the thermal store (or heatbank as it seems to be
defined here) was becuse the oil boiler was short cycling, despite all
my attempts to cure it. The thermal store solved this, and provided us
with a nice on demand energy store."

Please explain to me where mains water is used in a CH system other
than to initially pressurise it.

The point is boiler cycling. Not mains pressure water to charge the thing
up.

snip

Not worth it; a confused man.