Andy Dingley

Default Hornbeam logs - what to do next ?

Friend has a felled hornbeam, already in short logs (been down for a
few months).

Any advice on what to do with it ? The trunk has already been chopped
short, so there's no scope for getting real timber out of it, but I
think some should useful for turning. So far I've quartered or halved
a few of the logs, depending on diameter, waxed the ends and I'm
wondering what to do next.

I turned a bit up green to make some handles for mortice chisels
(crude, heavy-duty pigstickers) and it was lovely stuff to work with.
Easy to turn and a featureless pure white.

Thanks

--
Smert' spamionam