N. Thornton

"Yitzak" wrote in message
om...

Hi I have a corridor like cellar, with a concrete floor which has
broken in many places exposing damp dirt floor. This means I always
bring dirt back upstairs when I come back.

you possibly cound inject goo into the cracks to seal it all up, bit
by bit as the mood takes you. Acrylic or silicone presumably - or tar
even.

But dont polythene it over, trapping damp like that will lead to
mould, and some mould is toxic as well as pongy.

If you want to do it properly, sledge hammer out the old stuff and
repour with insulation, dpc and expansion gaps.

NT