Richard Savage

Default Kitchen extractors NOW WITH PICS!

Andy Hall wrote:

Very good, but I'm a bit confused.

The diagram is the new layout, right?

The outside wall is at the bottom of the diagram?

The new hob is in the bottom left of the diagram, i.e. to the left of
the arch?

Could you elaborate just a bit because it doesn't seem that the duct
would need to cross in that case..... Obvioulsy this is not the
case......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Sorry Andy,

I guess that in the long, and learned, discussion the original question(s) have been
blurred.

The current plan, as shown on the web, has the hob on the outside wall under a hood
venting to the outside. In the bottom right hand corner of the plan is a Franke sink
whose biggest bowl is some 300 x 400 mm. Diagonally opposite the sink is a double oven
'tower'. This is the only immovable item in the plan because of the need to hide a lot
of CH pipes in that corner. Water and gas are placed along the outside wall only.

The design is over two years old now (enforced delay thanks to ICL deciding it didn't
require my services when it became Fujitsu) and in that time we have ocasionally thought
long and hard about small sinks. The only solution we can think of is to locate the hob
next to the ovens and fit a 'proper' sink roughly where the hob is shown on the plan.
That raises the problems of providing a gas supply to the oven side of the room (see
another thread) and how to deal with smells and steam.

I briefly mentioned a extractor duct across the ceiling tonight and my beloved drew a
deep breath and said 'no way'. I'll wait a bit and ask her exactly what she means by
that ;-)

Best regards Richard