Eric

someone else said they do solder OK,

I think the idea very strange, But I am yet to prove if that someone else is
right or wrong.

In fact on reflection if someone sold a cheap iron with interchangeable
copper - aluminum tips I might be interested to give it a try.

I also think if we want to ridicule this joker and his idea, we should
forget the theory, make a aluminum tip, try it out and prove him wrong, if
it proves to be useless,

"John Miller" wrote in message
Eric wrote:
Now come on John would you buy a soldering iron that had a aluminum tip
????

No. That was kind of my point, if you'd re-read.

Give us a break !!!!!
Anybody like to go bankrupt here manufacturing soldering irons with
aluminum tip, even it does soldering great !!!

The point is, they *don't* "do soldering great," hence they are not being
made.

--
John Miller
Email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

mathematician, n.:
Some one who believes imaginary things appear right before your
_i's.

---