Andrew Mawson

"Jim" wrote in message
In article , twofas4luv2000
@yahoo.com says...
I had some of these made for me. I want to reproduce them to the best
of my ability. Curious as to how these were pressed out or what I
could use or purchase to duplicate these. I know it started as a piece
of rectangle aluminum and were pressed to form. Then, a square hole
was punched in the middle. Any ideas on the process here? I have a
small garage shop and cant go purchase some thousand dollar machine. I
searched on the web some and saw these things called "fly presses"
that use a weighted wheel and a long threaded shaft that create heavy
downward force.

Pics at http://home.comcast.net/~kailamenjaro/

What's the thickness of the stock? Overall size of the part?

If you are talking about a press with a motor driven flywheel, large
screw from the crankshaft to adjust ram height etc. be very careful,
most of the older ones don't have a hydraulic overload system. Bad
things can happen in a hurry with the ram height set too low and no
overload.

Jim Kovar
Vulcan, Mi

No Jim he means one of these: