Peter Ashby

Default Making bookshelves questions:

In article ,
etition (Reteplav) wrote:

Question 1 ....Whats the easiest , neatest ( and cheapest ! ) way to cut a
1/8" ( 3mm ? ) groove along the end - grain of a length of wood?
( Can you buy cheap router cutters in this size?)

I intend to use " magic-wires" to fit wooden shelves into a bookcase.

Depends what you mean by cheap. Trend make them I know and others
probably do.

http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/prof...No=2%2F15X1%2F
4TC
OR
http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/prof...No=3%2F05X1%2F
4TC

Or cheapest:
http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/prof...No=C001AX1%2F4
TC

Though they are not a common size or an easy one to make being smaller
than the smallest shank size. Easiest way to do the cut is with a router
table though if it is more than a couple of mm deep you will need
multiple passes. If you don't want the groove to show on the front it
makes things trickier. I would rig up a jig if I had a few to do that
clamped over the end giving you more width to keep the router steady and
with stops to prevent going over the ends. The comment on multiple
passes would still stand though.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.