Andy Hall

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 14:02:42 +0100, Mike Mitchell
wrote:

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:45:50 +0100, Richard Faulkner
wrote:

Lets say I genuinely believe, (perhaps naively), that my house is worth
£100,000, and I set a price of Offers Over £90,000. If someone offers me
£200,000, am I to refuse it and tell them that I cannot take more than
say, £110,000?

If you have already agreed with another buyer to accept his offer
nearer your £100K valuation, then yes, you should refuse it if you
want to sleep at night with a clear conscience. That first buyer who
is willing to pay YOUR price, not someone else's valuation, was doing
so in the spirit of fair play and a level playing field, and if you
renege on the deal, ask yourself, who has the moral high ground.

What a lot of nonsense.

The appropriate thing to do is to go back to the first buyer and give
them the opportunity to match the other offer.
That is a perfectly reasonable approach that can be done with a clear
conscience.

All of this assumes that one believes that the second offer has equal
or greater merit in terms of the other factors such as ability to
raise the money and to complete other transactions.

MM

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl