Sneezy

Default Getting rid of concrete slabs

Stephen Gower wrote in
:

I've lifted 80 slabs that were covering our front garden (in
Oxford), in order to do something nicer there. They are well worn,
not very pretty, 60cm x 60cm x 5cm slabs, some of which have frost
damage, but most of which seem pretty solid. A friend took 30 for
foundation of some sheds, and I can use about 6 of them likewise,
but basically I want rid.

The couple that live across the road from my parents did the same thing.
They found loads of bones on removing the concrete. Initially it was
designated a scene of crime and the police were out in force. Turned out
that the previous owner was a butcher and had obviously brought his work
home with him. You can imagine the horror on finding the bones

--
john

"Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what
they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand." -
Putt's Law