MBQ

EricP wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:13:46 +0100, "Josey"
wrote:

I have some painting to do, render, barge boards and windows. I already have
an alu ladder.

I could do with a standoff, and one with a V notch because for some of the
work I will only be able to place the ladder against a corner.

This caught my eye http://laddersareus.co.uk/access.htm#laddstand
(LADDSTAND)

But I'm not so sure about having one with wheels on it - sure it'll make it
easier to put the ladder up, but will it be as stable and safe - anyone got
a ladder standoff with or without wheel care to comment?

Thanks.

Jc.

NB. I'm not connected to the website in any way.

"Wheels assist in running up the wall and stop sideways slip"

add "but greatly assist ladder slippage down the wall, and a certain
hospital visit"

If the bottom of the ladder is secure then it can't slip down the
wall, wheels or not.

Wheels make it a lot easier than trying to manoeuvre a ladder with the
extra weight of the standoff at one end.

MBQ