Richard Faulkner

In message , Mike Mitchell
writes
What do you intend to do if someone offers to buy your English house
at the asking price, and a week later someone else offers you a thousand
more, cash purchase?

I refuse it, simple as that. You obviously have no concept of an
Englishman's word is his bond. Avarice is a deadly sin, you know.

What are you going to do when your buyer comes back somewhat late in the
deal and revises his/her offer downwards?

It is all very well taking the moral high road in relation to sellers
"ripping off" buyers but, in my time as an agent, I saw many many more
buyers trying to rip off sellers than the other way round.

It is just a function of the way we sell houses in this country.

In Scotland, nobody is forced to bid for a house, and they only have to
bid what they want - one mans meat and all that.

In your various posts, are you suggesting that there is one particular
value for any particular house? If so, who polices it?

Or are you saying that there is a price band for every house - if so,
who decides, and where do you draw the line?

Lets say I genuinely believe, (perhaps naively), that my house is worth
£100,000, and I set a price of Offers Over £90,000. If someone offers me
£200,000, am I to refuse it and tell them that I cannot take more than
say, £110,000?

--
Richard Faulkner