Laurence Taylor

JURB6006 wrote:

Tell ya what, you almost just got unbelievably lucky. I believed you might've
meant VTX1000, as I'm unaware of the existence of a VXT100. I own both VTX1000
and a VTX1100. The VTX1000 was one room away and not hooked up (KX2501 is down
). I don't see any R358, I just popped the cover off and looked.

No, it's definitely a VTX100 - it's a tuner unit, goes with the
KX27PS1 monitor.

I've now cured the problem; it turned out the resistor should be 220
ohms, but had risen in value, probably due to 20-odd years of being
run very close to its maximum dissipation rating. What threw me was
that my multimeter wasn't working properly, and by chance displayed
the correct reading.

Using a different meter all became clear.
--

rgds
LAurence

....From a lonely hillside, somewhere in Europe