Mike Henry

"Charles A. Sherwood" wrote in message
I think that any dressing without actually removing stone hardens the

wheel.
Your last pass should remove 1 thou for a 32A type wheel and about 1/2
thou for a NSG blue wheel. Check the Norton web site for tips.

Thanks - I'll check out Norton.

FWIW, KO Lee suggests that 1 thou downfeed is best when rapid stock

removal
is desired and lesser downfeeds when one wants to approach a mirror

finish.

Careful here. Downfeed is being used in two ways.
I was recommending to remove 1 thou at a time when truing the wheel.
You are talking about grinding one thou off the work piece.

The point I was trying to make is that how you true the wheel has
a significant affect on how it cuts.

Sorry, I meant downfeed in the context of dressing the wheel.