Andy Hall

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 00:43:45 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

It doesn't mean either that somebody with a good mains water supply or
who wants to redistribute space in their house won't derive benefit
from a heatbank - there are cases where they are useful as long as
they are appropriately connected.

Quite - we have pretty poor mains pressure (just under a bar - the
reservoir is about 12m above the house), and no real space problems. The
reason I put in the thermal store (or heatbank as it seems to be defined
here) was becuse the oil boiler was short cycling, despite all my
attempts to cure it. The thermal store solved this, and provided us with
a nice on demand energy store.

That's a good reason. Presumably the boiler has a large thermal mass
and quite high non-modulated output and the previous cylinder was
unable to take what it could deliver.

In this instance, a heatbank is ideal because it can swallow all the
output.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl