newfy.1

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
My wife wants a stainless steel backsplash. I think it would look too
commercial. You know, the Greasy Spoon where they grille right behind the

lunch
counter.
Also she wants a stainless steel counter top. I never heard of such an

animal
and if there was one, I'd think that in no time at all, it would be

scratched,
dented, scraped and god knows what else.
Any opinions on these ideas?

I've seen both in the kitchen and bath magazines recently. I think a
backsplash might look kind of neat if you got one with some type of texture
to it. I saw one that had a quilted-type diamond pattern that looked kind of
neat. Too industrial for my tastes, but if you keep the overall design of
your kitchen in mind, it can work.

As for ss counters? I would skip it. Too easy to scratch, stain, mark
up...not for me.

JennP.