IMM

"Grunff" wrote in message
Andy Hall wrote:

It doesn't mean either that somebody with a good mains water supply or
who wants to redistribute space in their house won't derive benefit
from a heatbank - there are cases where they are useful as long as
they are appropriately connected.

Quite - we have pretty poor mains pressure (just under a bar - the
reservoir is about 12m above the house), and no real space problems. The
reason I put in the thermal store (or heatbank as it seems to be defined
here)

There is a difference.

was becuse the oil boiler was short cycling, despite all my
attempts to cure it. The thermal store solved this, and provided us with
a nice on demand energy store.

It is possible to use them with a cold water storage tank and a bronze pump
to boost water pressure. Then no boiler short cycling if two cylinder stats
are fitted. It is also possible to use a smaller boiler using a heat bank.