Andy Hall

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 22:40:49 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 17:58:59 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

I wanted to make the point because there are direct heatbanks on

the
market and it is not always immediately obvious that they are not
suitable for pressurised primary operation.

They are suitable.

From the DPS site:

"GX units are only suitable for a vented boiler / heating systems with
a Feed & Expansion Tank."

You were on about the whole cylinder and primary circuit being

pressurised.

Exactly, and this one is not suitable for that.

So?

So the point is that there are some heatbanks that are not suitable
for pressurised operation. That was all.

Having the primary vented, whether with an integral F&E tank or

not
means that this can be a DIY job, although is still subject to a
Building Notice because of part L1.

However, some boilers will not accept
having an open vented primary,

Few and far between.

I've got one.

You have not got a heat bank.

That's not the point.

You have NOT Got a heat bank.!

That's irrelevant. You haven't got a hundred acres.

It does not change the fact that you haven't got a heat bank and you say you
have and say because you actually haven't it doesn't matter. You need
therapy

No, you need therapy. English lessons wouldn't hurt either.

I have never ever said that I have a heatbank. This does not,
however mean that I haven't studied how they work (in detail) and
haven't considered using one.

As I've told you on many occasions before, I don't have a good enough
mains flow, so there is no value in my having one versus a roof
storage tank and conventional cylinder. I am not short of space in
the loft or the airing cupboard so for me there is no value.

I don't need to actually *have* something to know how it works and the
most appropriate way to use it. This is not difficult stuff and
ownership does not alter physics.

It doesn't mean either that somebody with a good mains water supply or
who wants to redistribute space in their house won't derive benefit
from a heatbank - there are cases where they are useful as long as
they are appropriately connected.

There are boilers around that are designed for
sealed system use. Vaillant ecoMAX is one example in addition to the
Micromat that I have,Viessmann is another.

You are confused.

I'm seldom confused and certainly not here.

Imagine your post on ripped paper and written in crayon and the scene is
set.

Speak for yourself

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl