raden

In message , Lobster
writes
"Christian McArdle" wrote in
message .net...
This reminds me - is it possible to obtain what would esssentially be
an *extension* IDE cable (ie one with a 'socket' on one end rather
than the usual plug)?

I have more than once found myself juggling HDs on different PC's
while trying to repair them and/or persuade them to boot up and/or
transfer data from one HD to another in the absence of networking
capability, and it would be useful to be able to temporarily hook up a
PC to an HD which is still sitting inside another's case (with a mini
case it's not always a trivial matter to physically remove an HD from
the case).

There is a length limit, although I forget what it is.

Surely, you can buy plugs rather than sockets and the ribbon cable and
build your own

--
geoff