HvacTech2

Hi default, hope you are having a nice day

On 01-Sep-04 At About 00:55:22, default wrote to All
Subject: Air Conditioning question

d From: default

When I put in my AC, I did NOT use any return duct. The return path
goes down the stairs to the AC unit at the other end of the
basement. This seems to work for me, YMMV

d Is that even legal? I was under the impression that you couldn't
d use any part of your means of egress as an air-handling space.

In most states it is not legal. if he has a gas fired unit he could also be
setting his family up for disaster as it could very easily draw the exhaust
fumes back down the chimney and cause the house to fill with carbon monoxide.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... "After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in?" - s.w.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail