IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 17:58:59 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:47:49 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Also making the primary pressurised
with a direct heatbank (i.e. the
bulk contents of the cylinder are pressurised)
means that for Building
Regulations section G purposes it counts as a
sealed storage system and must therefore be
installed by a certified installer.

These are available, but rare and termed directly pressurised.

I wanted to make the point because there are direct heatbanks on

the
market and it is not always immediately obvious that they are not
suitable for pressurised primary operation.

They are suitable.

From the DPS site:

"GX units are only suitable for a vented boiler / heating systems with
a Feed & Expansion Tank."

You were on about the whole cylinder and primary circuit being

pressurised.

Exactly, and this one is not suitable for that.

So?

Having the primary vented, whether with an integral F&E tank or

not
means that this can be a DIY job, although is still subject to a
Building Notice because of part L1.

However, some boilers will not accept
having an open vented primary,

Few and far between.

I've got one.

You have not got a heat bank.

That's not the point.

You have NOT Got a heat bank.!

That's irrelevant. You haven't got a hundred acres.

It does not change the fact that you haven't got a heat bank and you say you
have and say because you actually haven't it doesn't matter. You need
therapy

There are boilers around that are designed for
sealed system use. Vaillant ecoMAX is one example in addition to the
Micromat that I have,Viessmann is another.

You are confused.

I'm seldom confused and certainly not here.

Imagine your post on ripped paper and written in crayon and the scene is
set.