Leonard Lopez

I'm fighting (in my mind) the same issue now. The point already brought
up about raising the Delta table being a pain if you have auxiliary
fixed height input and output tables is a valid one. I have also
considered the fact that the moveable Delta table could have more
chances to go out of alignment since it sits up on a set of 4 long
screws. This could lead to accuracy and maintenance problems. At the
same time, the Performax, which seems to be a very stout machine, is
limited to a 3 inch board. No 4x stock. I was thinking about using it
to sand the new work bench I am going to build. It will have a 3 1/2
inch maple top. Finally, the Delta is 2 inches wider, and would
probably handle all the panels I will be doing this winter in one pass.
the Performax would require two passes and the touch up work ro resolve
the line between the passes.

ken wrote:
I have the option of buying the 18-36 Delta X5 or the 16-32 Performax Drum
Sander , Any pros and cons?

Ken