Jim B

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:33:26 -0400, Speedy Jim wrote:

I did try to open the cast iron cover on my front yard to peep inside before I
buy the stuff I need, but it wouldn't budge. Look like it had a knob to turn or
something??

Do I really need to call the utility company just to turn off the water main?

Thanks again.

Call the utility and ask them to close the curb stop for you;
there is great risk in doing it yourself as things tend to break.

Inside, you will need to break the piping apart, easy if the
meter union is right there. You may need the utility to reseal
the meter. Again, ask them.

Jim