Putyourspamhere

This 'man' builds, moves, and sells sheds.

I first dealt with him in the late 80's, as he was bulldozes-ing land
for a pond, and instead of burning the hardwood, he sold me some...

Anyway... I had some sheds that needed to be moved because of
landscaping needs and slight irrigation problems, so,
I went to him for help. This was in March

He delivered a small truck trailer... I'm not sure of it's size (about
10'X 25', 8' tall)... and, I moved my belonging from the sheds into the
his trailer.

I had two single-axle dump-trucks of dirt delivered, and then had a
neighbor with a tractor spread the dirt out. ( This wasn't until
End-April) This wasn't enough dirt, so I ordered another truck- load.
It came about Mid-May... I covered the dirt with a tarp, and it has
rained about every weekend since.
(My neighbor works weekdays).

Almost 6 inches of rain fell within June
again in July and by Mid-August... with over 9 inches of rain, I had
become frustrated and called the shed-moving company and asked if there
was a way for them to help me... even if it would cost me a few hundred
dollars to help me have the dirt moved and levelled. ?

They couldn't answer... because the owner of the company was on vacation
until the 26th of August.

I'd planned on calling him today, the 30th of August, but, before I had
called him, he had left a phone call on my voice mail. He says... in a
nutshell that he doesn't want my bill to get too high ....and wonders
"where we stand".

When I call him back, I apologized about he long delay and lack of
communication, and explained my situation, with the weather and all....

He stated that there was an $89.00 a month "usage fee" for the use of
the trailer and that my bill was getting excessive.

--I couldn't believe it...
We never discussed a fee for the trailer before-hand...

I simply said that we never discussed a price for the storage trailer
and that I wished we had discussed it before-hand...

He said, "What, did you expect it for free?"..... and I said " I didn't
know one way or the other"....

I stated that " I wish we had sighed a contract" .... he says, "we
don't sign contracts here"

He said... as he was dropping off the trailer... he was THINKING of
renting- out those trailers , because of the I-Pod and other trailer
rental agencies...

We NEVER-EVER spoke about a rental charge for the trailer, and NOW he
wants about $100 for the first trailer move (which is ok with me)...
BUT, he wants about $550 for the trailer rental!

Am I right to tell him to "kiss-my-foot"... or should I "Be a man...
suck-up, and foot SOME of the cost"?????

You probably should expect to pay something but a court might well not force
you too. From what you say you had No contract at all oral or otherwise. If
your state is a one party state with regard to recording telephone calls i.e.
only one party to the conversation has to know a recording is being made then
get the fact that there was no compensation specifically agreed to on tape and
you should be home free.