John Smith

"Des Higgins" wrote in message

Look for a crack or little chunk out of the bearing surface.
If it looks reasonably ok you might get away with just a
light skim with a facing tool.

--
Tony Williams.

I bought a tap re-seater - asked for a tap grinder in my local DIY shop and
got a few odd looks from the various plumbers in there who were asking for
Star Trek style bits and pieces - and grinded the cold water tap and, touch
wood, it seems to have worked. I then played around with the hot water one,
which was not dripping as bad as the cold water one was, and it is not that
much better. I am going to rest on my laurels this evening and have another
go grinding the hot water one tomorrow morning.

The grinder is easy to use but doesn't fit my tap hole - it has a number of
head attachments but all are much smaller than my tap 'head' but the 16mm
attachment seems about the right size for the bit/seat that the washer sits
on.

John.