Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Window contacts are good for reminding you there's still a
window open when you try to set the alarm, but I wouldn't
seriously expect them to detect an intruder.

I'm not so sure. All the break ins round here seem to involve forcing
either a door or window. A casual thief isn't going to want to crawl
through broken glass etc, and it's not possible to secure an old fashioned
sash window so it can't be forced - given the will.

Might well be a different matter if you live in a remote country house
with lots of valuables, but most break ins in towns are done by 'amateurs'.

--
*If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.