George

I can remember the "ka-ching" of my Datsun minitruck door closing, versus
the solid "thunk" of my wife's Pinto door. US made was demonstrably
different in other ways as well in those days.

US firms invested more in their people than the Japanese, and were working
in older factories to begin with.

"WD" wrote in message
On 1 Sep 2004 09:12:00 -0700, (Hylourgos) wrote:

Why are you depressed? Many once great companies died along the wayside

cuz,
they were like the dinosaurs, were unwilling to change clinging to their

old
ways of doing business and many are just simply greedy.

In the 60's GM had about 60% (pls don't hold me to the figure) of the

market
shares. Datsun's (Nissan today) Blue Bird in the same period look like a

toy,
you will laugh till all your teeth's falls off. All the Japanese vehicles

were
really cheap ****. Japanese's cars take to and from the places you wanna

go.
They reinvest their profit and improve....blah, blah, blah. You won't

laugh at
them today, Toyota out sell GM and admire all over the world.