Roger

"Henry" wrote in message
m...

Should I go around the perimeter of the house
sealing the indentation with stucco patch? I need a permanent fix to
this mice problem and would appreciate any advice or similar
experiences.

Try eliminating the mice *in* the house first, then plug up the outside
toute suite, but make sure that seam is not a vent device. If it is, you
could use hardware cloth or other galv. 1/4 inch screening to patch the
holes in the edging.. Trouble with just plugging holes, you may end up with
starving, rotting mice bodies in wall cavities and elsewhere. I tend to use
traps vs poison inside, as the latter also litters hidden places with
corpses. Also, clear away obvious outside nesting areas, such as boards,
tin, rubbish, where they can find shelter. Also, check cabinets and pantry
for easily-got-at food items, and remove or re-box them. We use tin boxes
for yummy mouse food like oats and grains, cereals. Mice can live only so
long without a handy food source, but they may be using house for
breeding/nesting, and foraging outside for food.