Al Reynolds

"Howie" wrote in message
Really, I am viewing this as only a garden wall, - it's nowhere
near the house at all and there is no structure behind it. Also,
I was only putting a hard-standing on the lower side to use as a
carport, (maybe convert to a garage later). So basically, I was
hoping to avoid paying a structural engineer by asking here
instead!

A ten foot high wall on a sloping hillside is holding
back an awful lot of earth. Offset the cost of paying
a structural engineer against how you will feel when
one side of your car has been decorated using concrete
and loose earth. At least give one a ring and ask them
how much it will cost to specify your retaining wall.

Al