RainLover

Default Weather-proof "lazy susan" type bearing race...

Hey everyone.

I'm building a sculpture and the client wants to be able to turn it if
he wants. It'll weigh around 300 lbs.

I want a large round track with bearings for ease of turning...
probably around a 2' or 2.5' diameter. It will be under the base, so
it won't be exposed to direct weather, but it will be exposed to
moisture and some dirt/leaves/whatever even though it'll be on a plate
itself.

I was thinking brass or stainless steel, but I don't know what's
normal? Would regular steel work if it was greased up well? It would
probably never get RE-greased, but then again, it's never going to
spin at 100 RPMs.. just be shifted around from time to time.

Any suggestions on local (seattle/tacoma) or online suppliers?

Thank you!!!

James, Seattle (port orchard), Washington, USA, Earth