Betsy

I bought a house with a "stainless" topped stove. It rusts! My friend has
one, and it also happened to her.

Because I couldn't afford a new one I sanded the old top down and spray
painted it with brake paint from the Auto store. It looks fine, but it took
a lot of experimenting and a lot of resanding and painting to find a durable
and decent looking high-heat paint!

No, I'd never buy a stainless stove. Enamel is the way to go!

"jeff" wrote in message
om...
Paul Oman wrote in message
Hello everyone

My wife is looking at a stainless gas Jenn-air stove. My
questions:

is stainless steel finish a good idea? how about
scratches, polishing it, etc. Any out there with stainless
appliances, would you get stainless again?