sid

Not the case these days. Pet PIR's are now programmed and are no longer
simply a single plane detector.

And dirt cheap... wow they`re almost a fiver now - the last ones I bought
(cased in metal) were about £3.50 !

Adn you expect quality for £3.50 do you?

I would go for dual tech. Say around £35/£40 each. Also fit as few
PIR's/detectors as possible - only leads to false alarms.

Best to use contacts for the home - cheap, simple to fit, reliable and can
be concealed in door frames/window frames.

Door contact for initial entry/final exit door. Remote keypad in hall
Dual tech in the hallway not activated by initial entry and contacts on
downstairs doors/windows.Remote keypad on upstairs landing (if house)

Sorted