Andrew

Default Lifting boards with a metal tongue?

"enuff" wrote in message ...
"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , enuff
writes
I need to lift (but not keep) half a floor comprising of 7.5"x1.25"

boards.
the boards are not T&G but square edged with a 1" wide metal strip acting

as
a tongue between them.

I've not seem this before, makes the floor nice and solid but I need to
remove half the floor with out damaging the edge of the last remaining

row
of boards. So far I've tried levering a boards evenly along its length

but
its proving almost impossible as the boards are anywhere up to 5 metres
long.

As a last resort I'm thinking of pining a straight edge down and running

circular saw down the edge of the last board but that will knacker a new
blade and probably the saw!

Anything stopping you cutting one of the unwanted boards down the
middle and levering the halves out; no damage to the blade?. Easy
(relatively) once you have an edge. Also, no need to start at the crucial
edge that you need to keep sound, start a board or two in.

Or am I missing something . . . .
--
fred

Not missing anything and its and idea that makes sense. I'd need to cust a
double or triple blade width ont he first

You only need two cuts, an inch apart. lift out the middle section
then start levering.