Tom

Now if I go with bearings that need grease through the zerk fittings
whats a good policy for maintaining them, I know overlube kills more
things than underlube cause I've done it on other things.

You're exactly right about overlube. Exxon/Mobil has done some
research and has actually measured the amount of grease dispensed by
individual grease guns and determined lube schedules based on that. It
only amounts to a shot or two every 6 months or so (depending on
application. I'll try to find the info for you. Another strange
thought is to use a single shield bearing and mount it with the shield
toward the lube source - actually acts as a metering device to help
prevent overlube.