Peter Parry

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:46:14 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

You seem to have a hatred of these devices.

Correct :-)

They as I've said are not N
or TNC's etc but I do think that you have a very bad bias!.

Correct.

After all every sky receiver has one of these hanging on the back and I
don't think they are falling over in droves?.

This is a recommendation? Every TV set has a Belling Lee plug, they
don't fall over in droves but its still an 'orrible connector.

It does mean the connectors are not suitable for
situations where consistent performance is a critical issue.

Price?....

Cheapest of all, I agree. However, is the cost of plugs an important
factor in any installation? You can buy F type connectors for about
10p each or less, however I doubt if you would use those plugs. You
only need one poor connector and an hour or so fault finding wipes
out the cost saving of the cheap plugs.

Ah, yes I had rather forgotten that one although I never considered
it to be anything other than a poor audio connector!

Well a lot of they are around too!....

Agreed - but I still don't consider it to be an RF connector :-)

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/