Default Air Conditioning question

We recently put in central air in the house. We have only one main
trunk line going down center of the house. The family room is in the
basement (where i spend most of my time). Heres the problem, since we
put the central AC in, in order to cool the main floor to say 80 its
between 60 or 65 in the basement. So upstairs stays too hot and
downstairs too cold. I wrapped the ductwork in the basement with that
tim foil covered insulation and cover all the vents with that
insulation and tape them up yet it is still too cold. Is there any way
to achieve a closer balance between the up and down spaces?