Tom Gardner

You are so screwed!....sorry...

Are the stains oxidation or from the leather? Maybe a cleaner like 409 for
stain or muratic or HCl for rust.
in a pinch try "Lime Away", it's oxacylic acid. Maybe a little Kroil or
WD-40? Can you ruin the rest of it to match evenly?

"carlDOTwest" wrote in message
newshbZc.102752$mD.38597@attbi_s02...

I just finished a scabbard for a very nice pattern welded sword made by
Dr. Jim Hrisoulas aka "Atar". It appears that there was just a tech of
moisture in the leather when I put the sword in it last night.

This is a scan of the worst of it:

http://h00050207be9f.ne.client2.attb.../RustSpots.jpg (119k)

The grey spots in the scan are slightly browner in real life.

Tips/hints on proper removal?

I'm s'posed to deliver it tomorrow (Wednesday). 8-o

--
Carl West http://carl.west.home.comcast.net

change the 'DOT' to '.' to email me

"Clutter"? This is an object-rich environment.