pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show (Rex B) wrote
back on Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:18:35 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

|| My Dad's sargent took a tiny bit of shrapnel in his throat. My dad was
||going to pluck it out with his fingers, and his sargent said "Don't touch
||that! That's my ticket off the line!" At least a chance to get away from
||the war for the rest of the day.
||==

And a purple heart, and a shot at the presidency!

maybe the former, but I doubt the later, not in '43. "W'addaya want, a
medal or a chest to pin it on?"

Then there was the Bill Mauldin cartoon from the same war. Willie to
corpsman behind card table "Naw, I already got a Purple Heart, gimme a
couple aspirin."

tschus
pyotr

--