triad

Default Bandsaw

I am looking to get a bandsaw for chair seat and back construction.
I need to cut(resaw) cedar branches 3"-6" in diameter into slats. The
small bandsaw I have does not have the power.Would a 1hp saw do it?
Like a Grizzly 555 (14" with 6" resaw) or should I go bigger, only
problem is the cost really goes up from a 14" 1 hp. Also, what
method do any of you use to cut rough branches straight without
binding the blade. I have screwed a scrap 2x4 to the branch and ran
it along a makeshift fence, then moved the fence in as needed. Thanks
Andy