Michael Mcneil

Tallow is a higher melting point fat than lard or grease, produced from
any animal. It can also come from some vegetables eg cocao butter.

Flux used in soldering is a grease that contains something in the nature
of baking powder -I'm not sure what. I presume it dissolves the oxides
from lead and copper. I know it causes iron and steel to rust at
ordinary temperatures.

Am I right in presuming you want the tallow to mix with whiting as a bed
for the glass in leaded lights? Modern acrylic/mastics seem to work
quite well. I've no idea how well they stand the test of time. (Easily
dispensed though.)

While tallow has been used for centuries, might petroleum waxes serve as
well? If so high melting point greases from a motor factor would supply
your needs too.