Jim Pugh

Hey, watch that Arch, popcorn is the national snack at my house and I have a
12" Ash bowl full just about every night.....otherwise, excellent
suggestions.
"Arch" wrote in message
Not for professionals or those with limited time to turn, but a good
source for cabochons, stone for crushing, finials, candle cups, pepper
grinder & lamp hardware, potpourri tops and many other do-dads is the
local 'auxiliary' thrift store.
The quality is often better than new and figuring how to disassemble and
adapt for one-off masterpieces can be fun. On the floor, the items are
inexpensive, but for the real deal make friends with the staff. I was
surprised at the unsalable items people bring in. They are a mine of
salvageable parts for free. Approach a cabinet shop for mill ends and
you have an unending supply of quality dry wood and parts for making
wood bowls that grind pepper, hold candles, light bedrooms, decorate
walls and the myriads of things that proper wood bowls do instead of
holding popcorn and lettuce. Arch

Fortiter,